sometimes other people’s words are all we have. and sometimes, even, they surpass our expectations.

I think, "At least in my dreams
we'll be able to meet. . . .”
Moving my pillow
this way and that
on the bed, completely unable to sleep.

-- Izumi Shikibu
(translated by Jane Hirshfield & Mariko Aratani)

Why haven't I
thought of it before?
This body,
remembering yours,
is the keepsake you left.

-- Izumi Shikibu
(translated by Jane Hirshfield & Mariko Aratani)


RETURN -- Constantine P. Cavafy

Return often and take me,
beloved sensation, return and take me --
when the memory of the body awakens,
and an old desire runs again through the blood;
when the lips and the skin remember,
and the hands feel as if they touch again.

Return often and take me at night,
when the lips and the skin remember...

(translated by George Barbanis)

courtesy of Poetry from All Over



i haven't been able to get here lately. there was something missing that might have been like motivation.
i think it's back now.
and maybe it's even better.
for sure
it's different

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home