catching the breath of me

You were in my shower today?
What does that mean?
I had you between my hands.
What?
You were in my hair.
Lilacs.
Lilacs.
What’s with the fucking riddles today?
It’s always the lilacs.
I don’t use that shampoo any more.
It doesn’t matter.
Was I really there?
The smell of you

and your laughter.
That’s a nice thought.
Which part?
The laughing.
For sure.
And smells that remind us of other people.
That too.
You going to stay there awhile this time?
Got a job.
Still have enough money?
Yeah. My account’s cool. And the house.
I worry about you.
I know.
I like it better this way

when we aren’t both a mess.
Who are you kidding?
I’ll make it right.
Was that a question?
Maybe. No.
You’ll make it.
You too.
I’ll call you when I get in tonight – to make sure you’re okay.
I’ll be fine.
I’m still calling.
Love you.
Love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home