afterward. cell phone. behind the neighbor’s rose bushes.

Do you ever get the feeling that you’re completely wrong?
I suppose only you could give yourself that kind of feeling.
Don’t be trite.
Seriously?
Yeah.
You’re just making excuses again.
Fuck you.
And you’re being belligerent. Insipid and insulting in one conversation. Classic.
You aren’t answering the question.
If you think about it. It really isn’t even a question.

Stop talking around me. I’m sick of it.
I guess I mean – do you ever get the impression that the one person who never seems to fit any of your ideals or requirements – might very well be the only person who’s willing to dedicate his life to you?

That you’re asking for too much?

That you should be thankful for what you’ve got?
I don’t know, man. I get what you’re saying, but there’s a lot to consider there.
Yeah.
You know that already.
Probably.
Probably is right. I’m sure we’ve had this conversation before.
Do you think it’s fair to assume, though?
I’m not doing this.
What?
I’m not entertaining these phobias.
That wasn’t my intention.
You just can’t know all that. You can’t make bets on it.
I just get beat down sometimes in these situations and it’s hard for me to think.
Think about what you just said and how you want to live your life.
That sounds about right, doesn’t it? But you know as well as I do that nothing’s that easy. That there’s a price for everything – a compromise – a concession. So don’t lecture me on living lives.
It was your question.
Fair enough.
Set it off.
I already have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home