things that made me smile
or
there’s nothing like self-aggrandizement

received the following from a dear friend in an email message today*:
A baked potato [imogen]? Not really. You never even come off as half-baked. Most times anyway. Baked potatoes are bland, no matter how you spice them up, which certainly doesn't fit you. And M.F.K. Fisher says potatoes are underappreciated. Once again, that's not the case with you, at least from my perspective. When I do think tuberally of you, it's as Sweet Potato. Remember? Sweet but not too sweet and a little tough at times. ;)

* I do not have permission to reproduce this text. (I mean, wouldn't that interfere with the self-aggrandizement?) And all names have been changed or eliminated to protect the innocent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home