things to feel stupid about

i've come to terms with the fact that at some point in my years of study i've confused the genders of George Eliot and Ezra Pound. [okay, okay, sometimes i still do.]
but this, well, it's just plain embarrassing.

[at least it was an internal meltdown during conversation.]
me: dude, i think he just called him a man.
me: is he a man? certainly not. he wrote that thing about a bride's head.
me: wait. how does that work again? all men are mortal. socrates is a man. therefore socrates is mortal?
me: syllogisms are too slippery.
me: this is like that time you realized that Byron's "Don Juan" is pronounced differently than the legendary 14th-century Spanish nobleman and libertine guy.
me: hmm. yes. that sure was humbling.
me: i wonder if i should put out more chips. looks like the boys could use another drink . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home