last 07-07, i wrote; or, [it was enough for 12 dollars]

today is one of those days where the signs are everywhere, but i don't know how to read them. or i've forgotten how. it's a good day. of starting over and standing up for myself. it's one of those days where i'm likely to scream, with or without witnesses, just to hear the sound of my own voice and the volition the working of it all takes.

today the virgin mary had been moved. she stood glaring at me from behind the hood of an oversized suv just at the edge of where the sidewalk ends and the parking lot begins. seeing her plastic form baking in the unbearable light of the summer sun makes me smile in curious fashion. i think about women and power and the undeniably insulting blue of her cloak. allow the texture of the word quetzalcoatl to slide from the back of my throat, through the teeth, into the vacant lot. occupied by a plastic representation of a myth. and me. and as i pass, i wonder where are her serpents and if i've got the strength to crush my own.

[check it. old comments rock it. hard stylee.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home