on december 14, 2002, i wrote

It's incredibly cold outside. Perhaps even colder still in my office.

On the way back from getting coffee, I stopped and talked to a young group of boys playing hacky sack in the commons. Sometimes I don't understand my attractedness to strangers. Sipped my creamy latte and watched. They've developed an interesting language in order to keep that ball in the air. It's one of balance and timing. Perhaps some intuition. And the importance of body placement and posturing. Of knowing where to be and when. They asked me to join in a round. And I did. Set the coffee aside and tried my best. But I don't have the coordination for it. Kept letting it fall. Their laughter was contagious, though. Pulled me into the game. And everyone was full of smiles during our goodbyes and thankyous.

I walked back to my office feeling glad that I'm alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home