it's only tuesday, i remind myself. the words whining like stark metallic hinges in my head. collapsing again and again on themselves. but you're gone. and there's no one to tell. only the texture of the cheap bathroom laminate flooring. the dingy gleem like a recompense for all the things i've ever done wrong in my life. i hold my hand against my stomach and wait. repeat the phrase 'everything will be okay' over and over again until the sense falls out. spilling around my head like the fragments of a just dropped glass. placing emphasis where it doesn't belong. this can't be happening. and you're gone. and even an extra heartbeat wouldn't put any more love inside our bones. we've run it out like an expensive bottle of champagne. left only with a slight unlocatable pain in the head and hazy memories of the good times we probably had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home