tonight, i need to say good-bye to bill.

broph-

i've carried your annotated copy of black power,
the copy we read from in your office over the few years through which
you became the best friend you knew i needed
and which you gave to me when i left your side,
and the one i carry still and
show to my own students, now, who need to know you
and all of the valuable lessons you taught me
about being on the outside
about not living your life like a lie
and not letting anyone tell you that you have to
be anything you aren't.
thank you for every moment of your life
that has shown a light into me
that said
i believe in you
and all the moments afterward that catapulted me forward
that said to me
that i could belive in me
and a power like you.

i'll love and cherish you and the time we spent together as friends--
always.

to bill b. and to a life filled with love and purpose.
(and a dedication to equal rights for all)
it's what he always wanted from and for me--
and i will never, ever, forget him.

all my love. and always. and may the rest of my life be filled with cherishing your honor and good will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home