and i worry sometimes to myself and sometimes to the people i most trust--the people who've somehow suffered seeing me naked--about the shape of my body. i constantly rave about working out. about needing to lose 10 pounds. i never feel attractive or proportional. i want my tiny girl frame back from 10 years ago. when my waist was so thin i could almost encircle it between the tips of my own fingers.

just a few moments ago i ran across this bit of information in an article about women's bodies and body images:
"The average measurements of a contemporary fashion model are 33-23-33. Even given the benefit of the doubt by saying these models did not resort to plastic surgery to attain that figure, it is essential to acknowledge that these women comprise only one percent of the population. For the other ninety-nine percent, a figure like that is unattainable by any natural method."

so, i took a deep breath. grabbed a measuring tape and started jotting down the code to my own body safe. 35-27-35. Not quite the same, but then again, not that far off from what this article claims to be an unattainable one percent. even if i'm not six feet tall. and even if i'm still going to chase after a better shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home