In the middle of the sidewalk on top of broken melting pieces of ice folds of turquoise aqua bathing suit top puddled blue and caught a smile on my lips. I told myself a story about the man walking half a block ahead. His long hair and the white worn rectangle on his right back packet--the clunk of his heavy boots--told me he was a bounty hunter for jesus. I wondered where he was hiding the bible and if it had any gold lettering on the front cover. Early for work, I walked down the long path through campus that empties out into the direction of downtown. If you're walking in the right direction. I watched a muddy cat run in and out of shrubs. Franticly searching for something. Like me. I found it while sitting on a bench in the just breaking dark into light. This sunshine. Is mine. Me. You. Our. You me mine. This. Shine. Sun. Shine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home