We'd agreed on stray insignificant moments driving down forgotten roads under glaring sunshine and the delirium of the mixture of love and hate and the resultant misunderstandings that--we would name you Davis. Your father and me. Fast moments we both believed in enough to deliver us up into that moment of your realization. Your reality and palpability of the fusion of our love for one another. Last night between heaving sobs and the harshness that even fantastic news can bring into a life filled with the efforts of letting dreams die I alone rename you Davis Paikea. The best friend and constant fighter for claiming destiny into lives who don't understand the need for you until it really is far too far too late.

I'll wait for you Pai. And when the time is right, I know you'll come for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home