The most hilarious part of the quick shopping stop I made late last night, was realizing that the first bottle of parmesan cheese that I picked up was not vegetarian (because it contained, for some reason I cannot understand, rennet). But these potato chips that I stumbled upon: Herr's Steak and Worcestershire flavor -- yep, totally vegetarian.

And yes, I did buy them. (How would I pass that up?) And yes, they do taste like steak. If steak tastes like the fake smoky "meat" flavor of veggie burgers. And yes, I realize that eating them sort of breaks my current eating bans in two ways -- potatoes and chips. But come on. How could I not?

[My partner, by the way, had a very easy answer to how I could not. He squinched up his face, while I might add, he was looking for canned veggie hot dogs (disgusting) and said, oh, god, please tell me you're not getting those. And, slightly horrified, just put them back! To which I still responded, how could I not? I think most of you out there can see my point.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home