I bought a bicycle the other day. Such a strange thing. To exchange wheels for legs. My first try I use my feet against asphalt. I imagine it's a little like whistling for the first time when you're deaf. Constantly looking out the corners of your eyes for friends faces. Confirmation you're actually making sound so strangely from pursed lips. Forced air. Moving on wheels makes me feel like melting ice cream. Unhinged from the reality of years of flat soles on asphalt. The slow slap of the shape of me against the world. This. I think. This is something totally new. In the car park. At home. My concentration keeps me always turning left. The only mockery left in life shapes itself into the form of a used dirty frame with two wheels and dodgy breaks. I do better with one foot on the ground. Whiz down the sidewalk. All squealing and wobbly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home